Science has carved out a niche for itself in every iota of mankind and so has it’s inventions. Various man-made products have been acting as life savers and security providers. One such important equipment used widely in the industry is Load Resistor Bank.
For the clarity of this term we need to articulate first the meaning of a load bank.
What is a load bank?
A load bank is an instrument which forms an electrical load, formulates that load to an electrical power system, converts it and delivers the required end output to that system. Used to test the power sources like generators and batteries, it actively performs its role of a power protection system. Moreover, it is a standard practice to use load banks in laboratories, industrial testing facilities and telecommunication facilities for the maintenance of batteries. Load resistor bank This is the most common type of a load bank. When the electrical energy has to be deformed into heat, power resistors fetch the heat from the load bank by either air or water or by any forced means or convection. This creates a load which is suitable for this type of load bank.
A load resistor bank is a powerful energy equipment which generates loading equivalent to, say generators and prime mover. This means that for every kilowatt of load given to generator by load bank, equal load is transferred to the prime mover by generator.
Therefore, a load resistor bank smartly controls and blows away the entire energy of a system by shifting it from prime mover and then generator and then from load bank itself. This is an instrument for thermo graphic inspection and electricity organization and distribution within the systems. It is utilized to maintain batteries in electrical laboratories and also in industrial testing facilities.
This equipment is used in products like diesel engines, gas turbines and UPS systems and is indispensable to almost every industry oriented by electricity.
To give a bird eye’s view, it handsomely solves the issue of:-
- Protection- It protects engines and generators from “wet stacking”. It is used in diesel engines to distribute magnitude of load by substituting electricity into heat when they are running at low power.
- Control- It acts as a control mechanism by avoiding fouling in the systems.
- Connectivity- It offers flexible connectivity by providing two ends; one for the power and another for the device or appliance to be connected.
- Security- It comes handy with a metering system which helps in testing electrical power output and assures security over loading of the system.
Amperis load resistor banks
The load resistor bank of amperis are widely used products rife in the industry for testing of power systems and generators. It offers a variety of these type of banks at affordable pricing with high quality material and the suitability of usage in internal as well as external environments.
Whether or not available in the catalog, they are the pioneers of electrical energy equipments who understand client’s needs and customize the product accordingly.
The new models with compact size, silent operation and modularity have helped the company outperform all other competitive products.
Their features are as follows:
- Varying power factor from 0.8-1
- Remote control for portable applications on any load banks.
- Good reliability
- Natural cooling serie: provides natural convection cooling
- Power from 5 to 12-0 KW in a single frame.
- Options available: terminals rail (DIN), IP23 protection, castor wheels.